ESCMID members submit their request for an ESCMID Mentorship through an online application form on the ESCMID website after having an agreement with the Mentor of the Mentorship Centre about the Mentorship. An ESCMID member can only submit one Mentorship request at a time.
The mentoring partners must agree on the goals and outcomes and develop a mentoring plan complete with criteria for success. Mentees must provide documentation of the outcome after the mentorship period in the final report
One mentor may have a maximum of three mentees at one time in order to be able to devote sufficient resources to each mentee.
- Select and decide on an EMC
- Get in contact with the Mentor from the EMC, agree on a mentorship and develop a mentoring plan.
- Make sure that you have a written positive agreement about the mentorship.
- Login as full or young scientist ESCMID member with your login details
- Click on the link ‘Apply now for Mentorship’ and submit your request for a Mentorship through the online application form including uploading the agreement with the Mentor and mentoring plan.
- The ESCMID Executive Office will evaluate the application and make a decision
- ESCMID Office will inform the applicant about the evaluation results.
- After half of the mentorship period, an interim report is requested and needs to be submitted online.
- The Professional Affairs officer approves the interim report which allows the continuation of the mentorship for the second half of the period.
- After the full mentorship period a final report is requested and needs to be submitted online.
- After submission of the final report, the expense report with original receipts should be submitted to the ESCMID Executive Office for reimbursement.