Mission & Objectives
The intended objectives of EPASG are:
- to encourage the study and advancement of the science of pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics and the dosing of anti-infectives
- to contribute to studies about prevention of development of resistance
- to provide a uniting European forum for scientists and health care providers actively involved in this area
- to promote awareness of the importance of exposure/effect relationships and thus optimal dosing for efficacy, clinical outcome and resistance prevention
- to provide an opportunity for training and encouragement of scientists/physicians and related groups by means of scientific communication at conferences, educational workshops, special symposia, and publications
- to offer advice and the opportunity for sharing expertise among European countries, other ESCMID study groups and international societies as well as regulatory agencies and other government authorities, e.g. EMEA.