Publications originating from the conference:
- Leading article and Editor's choice: Reviving old antibiotics. Ursula Theuretzbacher, Françoise Van Bambeke, Rafael Cantón, Christian G. Giske, Johan W. Mouton, Roger L. Nation, Mical Paul, John D. Turnidge, and Gunnar Kahlmeter
J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 2015 70: 2177-2181
- Editorial: Revival of old antibiotics: structuring the re-development process to optimise usage. Ursula Theuretzbacher, Mical Paul
Clin Microbiol Infect. 2015 Jun 25
- Review: Use of old antibiotics now and in the future from a PK/PD perspective. Muller AE, Theuretzbacher U, Mouton JW
Clin Microbiol Infect. 2015 Jun 17
- Contemporary resistance trends and mechanisms for the old antibiotics colistin, temocillin, fosfomycin, mecillinam and nitrofurantoin. Giske CG
Clin Microbiol Infect. 2015 May 28
- Optimization of dosing regimens and dosing in special populations. Sime FB, Roberts MS, Roberts JA
Clin Microbiol Infect. 2015 May 14
- Improving predictions of the risk of resistance development against new and old antibiotics. Andersson DI
Clin Microbiol Infect. 2015 May 21
- Strengths and limitations of industry vs. academic randomised controlled trials. Pierre-François Laterre, Bruno François
Clin Microbiol Infect. 2015 May 20
We thank all speakers and participants that actively contributed to this conference!
This conference presents and summarises currently available knowledge regarding optimised clinical use of off-patent antibiotics and will discuss gaps of knowledge and future areas of research as well as adapting breakpoints, enriching treatment guidelines, and implications for regulatory issues. The major expectation for this conference is to drive the optimised usage of old antibiotics, especially indications and dosage regimens, as a key contribution to preserving the efficacy of these essential drugs in an era of escalating multi-drug resistance.
Specialists or physicians in training in infectious diseases, clinical microbiology and other disciplines dealing with antibacterial therapy, guideline developers, clinical pharmacists, pharmacologists, drug development scientists, regulatory specialists, health-care policy influencers.
Austria Trend Parkhotel Schönbrunn
Hietzinger Hauptstr. 10-14
ESCMID Executive Office
P.O. Box 214
4010 Basel, Switzerland
Phone +41 61 508 01 52