Online application form (please consider information below)
If you are interested in applying for an ESCMID Observership and you already selected a Collaborative Centre, please proceed to the profile of the Collaborative Centre (www.escmid.org/ECCsearch) and click on ‘apply Observership’ (link at the bottom or top of the profile) in order to access the application form.
Important: Please be aware that the application has to be submitted at least 2 months before the intended Observership visit starts. To access the form you need to be a registered ESCMID member.
Important: ESCMID excludes all responsibility or liability for problems or damages you may suffer during the observership visit. It is the observer’s responsibility to hold sufficient and valid insurance for injury and health-related issues which covers treatment abroad. It is also the observer’s responsibility to hold and prove vaccination status in consultation with the ECC host and in accordance with national / local health regulations.
- Intra-European Observerships apply to those cases where ESCMID members from Europe visit an ECC in Europe (list of countries below).
- Intercontinental Observerships apply to ESCMID members from Europe visiting an ECC outside Europe (‘outgoing’) or to ESCMID members from outside Europe visiting an ECC in Europe (‘incoming’) (list of countries see below).
- ESCMID member from Europe: includes ESCMID members working in a European country.
- ESCMID member outside Europe: includes ESCMID members working in a non-European country.
- List of countries and respective geographic region: download here