The first ESGLI General Assembly was held during the ESGLI meeting in Dresden, Germany, from 5 to 7 September 2012.
During the General Assembly on Thursday, 6 September, members voted for the ESGLI Executive Committee (EC). It was also possible to vote by mail (letter). The members had to elect six members for the EC. A Chairperson, a Secretary and a Treasurer were elected among the members of the EC by the EC.
It was possible to vote among 10 candidates.
At the time for the voting, 127 persons had registered as members. Twenty-four voted by mail and 54 voted at the meeting, altogether 78 votes were received.
The following members were elected for the EC, in alphabetic order of country
- Søren Uldum, Secretary & contact person to ELDSNet, Denmark
- Christian Lück, Treasurer & contact person to the industry, Germany
- Carmen Pelaz, Contact person for epidemiological projects, Spain
- Valeria Gaia, Contact person for clinical microbiology and typing projects, Switzerland
- Jeroen den Boer, Chairperson, The Netherlands
- Susanne Surman-Lee, Contact person for environmental projects, United Kingdom
ESGLI Executive Committee
To become a regular member of ESGLI, the application form for the ESGLI membership (see box in right column) should be completed and sent to Søren Uldum.
With kind regards
Søren Uldum, ESGLI secretary