The UEMS Section of Medical Microbiology, in partnership with ESCMID, is developing an examination which once developed will lead to a European Specialist Diploma in Medical Microbiology.
The examination will assess knowledge based on the UEMS Section of Medical Microbiology core curriculum and current European best practice guidelines.
The PILOT examination will take place on March 24th 2021 online from 15:00 – 17:00 CET.
This exam is offered free of charge, and, as a pilot, will not lead to the award of a Diploma.
All participating candidates will be offered a 50% reduction of the entry fee for one sitting of the diploma examination in the following two years.
The question format will be multiple choice, with some single-best-answer and some extended matching questions.
As an online examination, the assessment should take place in a room not shared with anyone else, with a computer with Google Chrome installed and a good Internet connection.
The pilot exam is open to candidates who:
• Are a medical doctor
• Are a trainee in Medical Microbiology
• The country in which the trainee is based is a full member, associate member or observer member
• Have completed a minimum of 30 months of full-time training (or equivalent) in Medical Microbiology
• Consultants in Medical Microbiology are also welcome
Proof of eligibility will be required as part of the application process.
Please see the ESCMID website and UEMS section Medical Microbiology website for further information including:
• The criteria for entry to the exam and application form
• The application process and terms and conditions
Completed application form to be returned latest until March 1st 2021. Completed applications, supporting documents as well as questions regarding the pilot exam should be forwarded to: email@example.com
With kind regards,
ESCMID Executive Office.