ESCMID Study Group for Legionella Infections - ESGLI
News & Activities
Last update: 11 April 2013
- Meetings: It is the plan to organise annual scientific meetings; these meetings will take place in the same period and at the same venue as the yearly European Legionnaires Disease Surveillance Network (ELDSNet) meetings. The latter are organised by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC). In 2013, there will however not be a scientific ESGLI meeting as the 8th International Legionella meeting will be held in Melbourne, Australia (see announcement in the right column). An ESGLI business meeting will be held during the 23rd ECCMID in Berlin in 2013.
- A collaborative study on the evaluation of a 3-plex qPCR for specific detection of Legionella pneumophila and L. pneumophila serogroupe 1 in clinical and environmental samples has been initiated.
- A project for establishing better databases for identification of legionellae by MALDI-TOF MS will be undertaken.
- A group of collaborators will revise and update the ESGLI/EWGLI Technical Guidelines for Control and Prevention of Travel Associated Legionnaires´ Disease.
- A study on the quality of newer urinary antigen assays for detection of Legionella pneumophila antigen will be undertaken and published.
- For more see the minutes for the General Assembly in Dresden, 6-7 September 2012 (below).