Translational Research on Combating Antimicrobial Resistance (TROCAR)
ESCMID is partner of the TROCAR project (Translational Research on Combating Antimicrobial Resistance), which is a research project funded by the Seventh Framework Programme of the European Commission.
The driving concept of TROCAR is to investigate the fundamentals of the epidemiology of new highly virulent multiresistant strains. The project will focus on:
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA);
- Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus spp. (VRE);
- Extended-spectrum, metallo- and acquired AmpC beta-lactamase (ESMAC-BL) producing Enterobacteriaceae;
- Multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa;
- and Multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii.